The Free Methodist Chapel was built in 1860 and enlarged in 1898. A new Porch was added in 2006.
Because the Disability Discrimination Act stated that public places must have access for people with disabilities we agreed in 2003 that we would have to extend the premises.
The extension of the toilet meant we would also have to extend the front of the chapel, modernise the kitchen and thus increase our prospects of holding more social events for the community.After extensive fundraising this was completed in 2006.
The Chapel is an active part of the community with services at 10 a.m. every Sunday and Coffee Mornings on the second Saturday of each month from 10 to 11 a.m.
source: Mrs.Lesley Eldridge