The Primitive Methodist Chapel on Main Street was built in 1850.
Primitive Methodism was a major movement in English Methodism from about 1810 until the Methodist Union in 1932.
Preaching commenced in 1852 until 1932. The building was later sold to the Stretton family to be used as a community hall and was known as the Stretton Hall. It also served as a venue for functions and was a local family clinic. More recently the building housed a photography company.
© BugJemm (www.flickr.com/BugJemm)