The chapel, now known as St B’s Hall was opened as a privately-owned Community Hall in 2008, after two centuries of use as a church, and has evidence of its previous use everywhere.
It was originally built as a Meeting House for “Protestant Dissenters of the Denomination of Independents” in 1804, and has since been Presbyterian, Unitarian, Congregational, United Reform and Catholic.
The Grade II listed building has the following features:
Yellow gault brick with ashlar dressings and slate hipped roof. 3 bay main front, with central round headed doorway, with Doric pilaster door surround with ashlar capitals and bases and an ashlar keystone, plus double plank doors and glazed fanlight. Either side are single round headed windows with metal glazing bars. Above a central blank round headed panel flanked by 2 small plaques inscribed “ERECTED 18 ” and “BY VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTION”. Either side single round headed windows with metal glazing bars. Side elevation, has 3 similar round headed windows below and above 3 blank panels.
The Hall was completely refurbished in 2007/2008.