Warning: Declaration of Walker_Category_Div::start_lvl(&$output, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /homepages/18/d436782016/htdocs/yaxleyhistory/wp-content/plugins/assign-categories/assign_categories.php on line 53

Warning: Declaration of Walker_Category_Div::end_lvl(&$output, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /homepages/18/d436782016/htdocs/yaxleyhistory/wp-content/plugins/assign-categories/assign_categories.php on line 53

Warning: Declaration of Walker_Category_Div::start_el(&$output, $category, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $current_object_id = 0) in /homepages/18/d436782016/htdocs/yaxleyhistory/wp-content/plugins/assign-categories/assign_categories.php on line 53

Warning: Declaration of Walker_Category_Div::end_el(&$output, $category, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::end_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /homepages/18/d436782016/htdocs/yaxleyhistory/wp-content/plugins/assign-categories/assign_categories.php on line 53
Places & Objects | Yaxley History
Blenheim Cottage

Blenheim Cottage

Blenheim Cottage, marked on the 1889 map of Yaxley, was accessible via a rough track from Back Lane. The small photo shows the property behind the Public Hall. Willam and Rebecca Strickson lived here from approximately 1851-1929. The couple were the great grandparents...
Cow Bridge

Cow Bridge

Cow Bridge is at the junction of Windsor Road (Cow Lane) and Main Street (Town Street) at the entrance to Great Drove.  The bridge spanned the original deep Pig Water channel  that ran parallel to Main Street from the Grange and passed out of Yaxley towards Farcet....
Pillar box

Pillar box

The grade II listed cast iron Edward VII postbox is situated on the village green and would have been installed in the first decade of the 20th century. The Edward VII boxes were the first to have the posting aperture as part of the door, rather than the body of the...
Yaxley Village Pump

Yaxley Village Pump

The mid to late 19th century village pump and eight surrounding posts can be found on the green. The cast iron pump’s column is enriched with scalloped decoration, a fluted domed cap and moulded scallopped base; lever and spout. The eight posts are similar in...
The Cedars

The Cedars

The Cedars was a large property at 52 Chapel Street, built in 1914 and once the home of the Cook Family. The property was demolished in 2010 after falling into a state of disrepair and the Spinney House development was built in its place by Larkfleet...
Territorial Army Hut

Territorial Army Hut

Although not a pub, this licenced premises stood next to the Jireh Chapel in Chapel St., a meeting place for many years of members of the 5th bn. the Northamptonshire Regt. T.A. Former stewards of the club being Sam Gilbey, Wilf Garratt and Ray Glithero. The beer...
Page 1 of 212