Tower Mill stood in what is now the car park of the Royal British Legion on Broadway. Built in 1842, the mill was in the ownership of Robert Loweth prior to 1842.
Mill House is now the Royal British Legion but had been owned by the Ashton family from 1925. Dr. Daniel Ashton, who died in 1959 was the doctor at Yaxley from 1939, succeeding his father, the late D.R.A. Ashton who had been in practise from 1925.