In 1937 the Cluer family decided to relocate the Hatchet and Bill pub from Main Street and a new site was found on the Broadway. On the death of Mr Cluer his wife Emma carried on with the help of her sons George and Fred who were bricklayers by trade and played a part in building the new pub. The pub is now the Farmers Grill.