Yaxley Parish Council

COUNCILLORS PAST AND PRESENT (Researched by Fran Russell and updated by Ann Rees) Councillor From – To From – To From – To John James BEETON 1894 – 1924 Joseph OLIVER 1894 – 1924 Asa BARNES 1894 – 1924 Samuel SKELLETT 1894 –...

Women’s Institute

The Yaxley branch of the Womens Institute was formed in 1918. A meeting took place in April of that year at the Grange on Main Street. a building which stood on the site that is now occupied by the present building of the same name. A number of ladies were present...

Welcome Club

The Welcome Club was started by the Stretton family, when in approximately 1949, the late Mr. Harry Stretton bought a nonconformist chapel in the West end of the Main Street. The building was known to many residents as the Stretton Hall. The building staged many...

Ancient Order of Foresters

The Ancient Order of Foresters is a friendly society which was formed in 1834. By the mid 18th century, friendly societies could be found throughout England. At the beginning of the 19th century, they were a common-place, as locally based organisations, within...

Yaxley Health Centre, Patients’ Association

Yaxley Group Practice is a semi-rural practice with approximately 14000 patients; some 5,000 live in the surrounding villages with little or no public transport. Yaxley is in the north west corner of Cambridgeshire, five miles south of Peterborough but within...

Yaxley Fire Station

  Yaxley fire station was built in 1878. The modern part of the station was built in 1965 and new drill facilities were opened in 1975.   The station is well established in village life and in community events, including the annual Santa Express tour which...