The Bure

In 1805 a Norfolk Clergyman called Preston sailed his small cutter called The Bure from the Norfolk Broads or lakes into the Whittlesea Mere.  The vessel drew two feet of water and had a large mainsail, foresail and jib. There was a cabin to sit eight diners, an...

Leyland Cub FK6

1936 Leyland Cub FK6 registration no. EW9795 order by the Yaxley Parish Council but now residing in the Museum of Fire at Lauriston Place in Edinburgh. Signwritten ‘Norman Cross Huntingdon’. In 1964 the engine left Yaxley and was later used in the 1969...

B C Wiles and Son Ltd

In 1971 Brian Wiles started up in business with one lorry subcontracting to Contractors (Peterborough) Ltd another local business based in Yaxley. Brian started off by renting a parking space in Beeton’s yard at the bottom of Middletons Road. In 1983 as the business...